12 January 2014

Cake Smash Photo Shoot

Jeremy's Cake Smashing Fun - Ready, Action

Can't get the N right

I am O

I am N

I am ONE...soon

Get me one of those

Let's play with the words

Argh, cake monster



Hi Everyone

I am in love with the toddler photography and just learnt how to use my SLR camera properly from this photo shoot. I guess this is called "super mum power". 

I am so proud that Jeremy is going to be ONE by the end of this month. I have organised a cake smash one month prior to his very first birthday. This is a trial for him so he knows what to do on his first birthday. 

Set-Up:

I am looking for some ideas online. I have seen so many lovely ideas. In the beginning, I want to do an outdoor photo shoot but it's very hot during the summer. I am afraid the frosting will melt way before we can start. As usual, I setup indoor with my usual gears. 

Backdrop and Props:

They are so many beautiful ones online. I was thinking to buy another vinyl backdrop that has a dessert bar print. However, it's out of my budget and it's only for one time usage and decided it would be a waste. 

To start with, I always love the timber flooring in all these baby photo shoots. I went to Bunny's Warehouse and bought a box; which only cost $20AUD per meter. Then off to the Spotlight to get the blue CURTAIN fabric; which I am lucky to be on sale. The only problem I had was so many choices but I am happy with what I chose; as it matched everything I had; such as the balloons, the garlands and Jeremy's cake. As I said on the bakingmama website, the most important element is Jeremy not the rest; so I kept everything simple for this matter.

To avoid the mess, I put a white table cloth above the timber flooring when the smashing fun started. It created another look; which was fabulous.

Cake:

This is very important thing to me with more for sentimental value than anything else. I did a vanilla cake with creamy vanilla frosting. For more information, please pop over to my bakingmama website.

I have another cake smash booked for a girl next month.....it's gonna be so adorable and romantic I would say. Girls' photo shoots always have more cute accessories etc.

Well, thank you for stopping by.
Happy partying!
Beth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment