13 February 2013

Paul & Beth's Baby Shower

Invitation
 
Favors


Centrepiece

Water Bottle Labels

Rock Candy

Games

Pom Pom

Program


Dear All
 
Welcome back to "Chubby's Crafty World". My first story for 2013 is to share the projects I made for our "Baby Shower". I have to say I took 4 months about coming up with the whole design concept of the party. I really wanted it to be special as it's to welcome our first child. God has blessed Paul and I a healthy and perfect little boy - Jeremy on the 30th January 2013; the best ever time is to spend every second with him.
 
I didn't want the usual blue for my boy. I decided on yellow and lagoon. I think I am in love with the colour combination for now; and may use them in the upcoming future for the other parties I have in mind.
 
The theme was using the "Vintage Pram" as a main point that you can see throughout the whole party arrangement.
 
Invitation:
I bought my paper through "Cards and Pockets". I chose the simplest pocket of all, the 'Panel Pocket'; measured 5"x7" in yellow. The color of the invitation was cream puff measured 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". The invitation mat was matching my envelope liners which was in Lagoon polka dots on the cream puff base.
 
Pom Pom:
Instead of using the usual balloons as the centrepiecce for the table, I made those tissue paper flowers and placed them in the IKEA SKURAR plant pot. Two giant pom pom balls were hung from the ceiling on the top of the gift table.
 
Program & Decorative Pen Set:
I tried to keep the party flowing smoothly so I decided to make the program along with a decorative pen that using the colour combination and matching the theme. Inside the program, it contained the agenda, the games and a poem from Paul, our Baby and I. The decorative pen was not only a little gift for our guests to take home; but also to provide our guests to write recommendations on how to look after our newborn son on our matching 'Advice Cards'. The tutorial of how to make the decorative pens came from "Crazy Little Projects".
 
Water Bottle Labels:
We offered a bottle of water for each guest as it's a hot summer here in Australia when we had our baby shower. I found it's very difficult to find the matching party prints to match my colour combination and theme. Hence, the best way for me is to print my own water lable. The tutorial of how to make the water bottle labels was from "See Jane Blog".
 
Baby Photo Booth & Game Props:
We wanted our guests to take plenty of photographs during the party since the venue is a beautiful place. I love to involve as many props as possible; which can create a bit of fun. I run out of time to purchase the props online. Hence, I downloaded some templates online and made them myself. What do you think of the results?
 
Photographer:
Ange Photography, Brisbane
 
Paul and I were blessed with beloved family and friends celebrating every moment of our preganacy with us. The party was the icing on the cake to top that. It was a lovely party and everyone had a great time.
 
I hope you enjoy this story and can't wait to share more with you since the arrival of Baby Jeremy.
 
Happy stamping~
Beth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment